PIARC Prizes 2023
PIARC Prizes 2023 objectives
PIARC Prizes 2023 have the following objectives:
- encourage innovation,
- recognize professional competence,
- highlight topics of particular interest,
- promote the interests of developing countries,
- stimulate long-term reflection on the future of transport systems
The Prizes will be awarded among the best papers submitted in response to the international call for papers for the Congress. Each Prize receives funding from a PIARC member who has volunteered to provide financial support.
- Young professionals (under 35 years of age) - Canada-Québec
- Authors from LMICs (low and lower-middle income countries) – Japan Road Association
- Road design, construction, maintenance, and operation - Germany
- Road Safety - USA
- Climate Change and Resilience - Australia and New Zealand (Austroads)
- Sustainable mobility - Spain
- Best innovation - Belgium
- Organisation and Administration – South Korea
The International Jury
The International Jury is chaired by PIARC’s Communications Commission. Its members represent the financial partners of the Prizes, PIARC’s Strategic Planning Commission and the General Secretariat.
The Prizes will be presented at the opening ceremony on Monday, October 2.
All winning articles will be presented during one of the Congress sessions.
The December issue of PIARC’s Routes/Roads magazine will be devoted to the winning articles.